Retail Traffic – Experian FootFall Indices Overview
Experian FootFall, experts in retail traffic intelligence, produces regular national footfall Indices which are free to many retail organisations and media. We also produce more detailed and chargeable reports in the UK, monitoring the performance of retail parks, department stores and town centres and providing a regional breakdown of footfall to shopping centres.
Our retail traffic reports have become a barometer of visitor activity in various sectors and in many countries. The Indices enable retailers and economic commentators to monitor and assess the impact of key events on consumer behaviour. This might include changes in the weather, holidays, economic issues, sports and other national and international events. Clients and commentators use this valuable barometer to measure their relative performance in attracting visitors and to forecast future footfall levels through understanding how footfall and retail traffic varies week by week, month by month and across the seasons.
Our retail traffic indices can be used to address issues such as:
- determining what footfall patterns are typical during each month of the year
- discovering which peaks or troughs may be affecting your business performance and where changes should be made (i.e. investment in marketing activity to boost retail traffic in a store, or efficient resource allocation for peak periods)
- establishing how footfall patterns differ regionally
- analysing if there is any correlation between your monthly sales figures and the national monthly footfall trends
- ascertaining if there is any variation in footfall patterns between Department Stores and Retail Parks which could affect you.
Global Retail Traffic Indices
UK&I has an extensive range of Index products and we also produce national indices for the following regions:
Other Indices are always being developed so if you have a particular interest in retail traffic in a sector or region not listed then please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.